Why a Widow Ministry?
- There are over 700,000 widows that join our ranks every year.
- 60 percent of widows experience health issues in the first year, and have a 30% risk of death within the first 6 months.
- 1/3 of widows meet the criteria for clinical depression in the first month.
- There is a loss of 75% friendship network within the 3 three months.
- Most widows experience a major financial decline.
- Widows are a silent population, and the fastest growing demographic in the United States.
- Widows often move from the front of the row of the church, to the back, and then out the door. 50% leave their home church. 17% look for a church that has a widow ministry.
- 73% of churches do not have a widow ministry.
- Grief is the most powerful emotion with the exception of love. If you love in this life then you will eventually grieve.
- The average age of a widow is 55 years old.
Widows make up one of the clearest mandates of Scripture, and also one of the most neglected mandates of scripture